The cracking of your dry paint layer through one coat, due to aging, which will eventually result in total failure of your paint. In the beginning, the condition shows up as hairline splits; in the later stages, cracking and flaking takes place.
- Using lesser quality paint which has inferior adhesion as well as inadequate flexibility.
- Overthinning or even overspreading your paint.
- Substandard surface area preparation, or perhaps using your paint on bare timber without initially using a good primer.
- Increased hardening as well as embrittlement with solvent based paint simply because the paint job has aged.
- Additional Probable Causes With Exterior Painting:
Painting when very cold or even windy weather which makes water based paints dry out far too quickly.
Get rid of any loose as well as peeling paint using a scraper or perhaps a wire brush, sanding the area plus feathering the perimeter of the affected area. Should the peeling occur in several layers of paint, using a good filler might be required. Prime any bare timber areas prior to painting. By using a high quality primer along with your main coat ought to stop the repeat of the issue.
If this is something you don’t have the time to do then why not contact Painters Nottingham and let me give you a free no obligation quote to fix your cracking and flaking paintwork. Why do it yourself when you can have a professional painting and decorating job done for you.